Artichoke and Spinach Swirls Yummy Yummy Appetizer
1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke heart, drained and chopped
1. Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they’re easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir the mayonnaise, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, spinach and artichokes in a small bowl until the ingredients are mixed.
3. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. With the short side facing you, spread half of the spinach mixture on the pastry to within 1-inch of the edges. Starting at the short sides, roll up like a jelly roll. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and spinach mixture.
4. Cut each roll into 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the baking sheet and cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 40 pastries.