I've been looking for a way to monitor a few dozen Linux servers lately, and there just doesn't seem to be a nice integrated tool to do it. In particular, I am looking for something that:
- Pulls various SNMP data from a list of Linux server
- Stores said data for a user-specifiable amount of time
- Generates useful graphs of said data
- Sends emails out when said data exceeds certain thresholds
- Provides a decent web interface for controlling everything
- Runs under Linux
Undoubtedly, someone will eventually come out with the complete package that satisfies my every desire. Once that happens, I'll just be one step away from having everything I ever wanted from Linux, with better cluster administration tools being my last hurdle.