It was way too good a deal to pass up, I saved almost $1000 dollars because it's on sale right now at Amazon, so I splurged and got myself a Dewalt DeWalt DW746 Woodworker 10-Inch Left Tilt 1-3/4 Horsepower Intermediate Stationary Table Saw. Normally this would run you somewhere in the $1900 range, but I got it for just over a thousand and the shipping was free. Click the link and see if the sale is still on because if it is you will want to go check this for yourself.
DeWalt DW746 Woodworker 1-3/4 Horsepower Intermediate Saw
* Horsepower: 1-3/4 horsepower
* No-load speed: 3,000 rpm
* Blade diameter: 10 inches
* Arbor size: 5/8 inch
* Dust port diameter: 2-1/2 inches
* Depth of cut at 90 degrees: 3-1/8 inches
* Depth of cut at 45 degrees: 2-1/8 inches
* Max. rip to right of blade: With DW7468: 30 inches; saw with DW7464: 52 inches
* Max. rip to left of blade: 16 inches
* Max. width of dado: 13/16 inch
* Tool weight: 254 lbs.
* Shipping weight: 275 lbs.
* Accurate, dependable fence. The DeWalt precision rip fence delivers smooth action, solid locking, and always travels parallel to the blade, making precise adjustments quickly and easily
* Massive cast-iron trunnion provides solid arbor support, delivering smooth, accurate cutting performance
* Blade elevation crank has plenty of hand clearance to make blade height adjustments quick and easy. Accurate blade-angle adjustments are also easy thanks to the large, adjustable bevel scale and the graduated bevel crank (each revolution equals a 2-degree adjustment)
* The large, easy-access on/off switch eliminates fumbling around when you're ready to start or stop cutting operations
* Powerful and space efficient, the 1-3/4-horsepower TEFC induction motor provides the power you need to cut the toughest hardwoods. And unlike other saws in the category, the motor is located inboard and out of your way, making it easy to store against the wall when not in use
* Offering easy dust collection, the DW746 is equipped with a dust-collection port, making it simple to connect your saw to your vacuum or dust-collection system
* DW746 does not include rail system
From the Manufacturer
DeWalt worked closely with woodworkers and woodworking industry experts to deliver a saw with all the power, precision, and features desired by woodworkers. The DW746 offers innovative features such as an inboard induction motor, precision rip fence, dust-collection port, and a full range of accessories, including a unique sliding table.
The DW746 features several innovations that are new to this category of saw. For example, the saw offers the only inboard induction motor in its class. This feature is more space efficient than its outboard counterparts and delivers lower vibration. The DW746 is also equipped with a 1-3/4-horsepower motor as opposed to the 1-1/2-horsepower motors that are standard in this class of saw today. Designed with convenience and ease of use in mind, the saw features an easy-access switch that allows you to shut the saw off with your knee, enabling you to keep your eyes focused on the work at hand. The DW746 also features a lowered blade elevation crank for more hand clearance and a graduated blade-beveling crank. Each revolution of the bevel crank equals 2 degrees of bevel, allowing for more precise bevel cuts.
Another innovative feature for the category is the integrated dust-collection system. The blade is shrouded to channel sawdust to a dust collection port, facilitating the use of dust-collecting systems. The DW746 also features a new DeWalt fence design that delivers high accuracy, smooth operation, and versatility, and is more space efficient than the leading stationary saw fence designs. The DeWalt fence remains parallel to the saw blade along its full range of travel, locks down securely, and slides with "glass-smooth" action.
So far I can say that the fence is very good. This is the first time I've been able to replicate cuts with dead on accuracy after moving the fence for other cuts. My only complaint is that I had intended to get an Incra fence at sometime in the future, but it's going to be very hard to justify that expense now! This saw has excellent power given that it only requires a standard 120 volt outlet. I was also extremely impressed at how quiet is runs. I do a lot of 3/4" solid oak work and it never bogs down on me. This is a pleasure to use. It's easy to setup depth, blade angle and the dust collection port works well with my shop vac. Overall - this is an excellent saw for the money.