Soda bread farls are ideal for frying after they have been made a day or so. These taste great with a poached egg on top. Fried soda is also one of the essential ingredients in an Ulster fry.
* 1 prepared soda bread farl
* 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
* 1 pinch salt, or to taste (optional)
1. Split the soda farl in half horizontally.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Gently fry soda bread for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot, seasoned lightly with salt.
See my recipes below for Soda Bread and Potato Farls should you want to make your own soda bread for this.