Julia is a 1977 film drama made by 20th Century Fox. It is based on Lillian Hellman's book Pentimento, a portion of which purports to tell the story of her relationship with her lifelong friend, "Julia," who worked as an anti-Nazi in the years prior to World War II. The film was directed by Fred Zinnemann and produced by Richard Roth, with Julien Derode as executive producer and Tom Pevsner as associate producer, from a screenplay adapted by Alvin Sargent.
* Jane Fonda - Lillian Hellman
* Vanessa Redgrave - Julia
* Jason Robards - Dashiell Hammett
* Maximilian Schell - Johann
* Hal Holbrook - Alan Campbell
* Rosemary Murphy - Dorothy Parker
* Meryl Streep - Anne Marie
* John Glover - Sammy
* Lisa Pelikan - Julia (younger)
Julia features the first film performances of Meryl Streep and Lisa Pelikan.