Missing Money (Missingmoney.com) was featured on CBS’s Early Show today. Missingmoney.com helps you located your money, or a relative’s assets, that went missing and are now inside the $33 billion in unclaimed property on government books.
Yes $33 billion of missing money.
Items include more than cash. They can include trust distributions, insurance payments, CDs, even the contents of safe deposit boxes. These can be yours or a relative’s that you are entitled to. Along with the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators’ Web site, their website, endorsed by NAUPA, helps search the files for you easier.
Missing Money says the following:
* Officially endorsed by NAUPA and the participating states and provinces.
* Searches are free of charge.
* Data is refreshed monthly.
* A single, easy to use website to search for your missing money.MissingMoney.com is a database of governmental unclaimed property records.
The governmental safeguard your money and return your lost funds Common types of unclaimed property include:
* Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
* Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends
* Uncashed checks and wages
* Insurance policies, CD’s, trust funds
* Utility deposits, escrow accounts