Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Fighter



I know it was every critics' favorite film last year and anything with Christian Bale in it is usually pretty good, but I didn't get around to seeing Mark Wahlberg's The Fighter until last night. It is an absolutely brilliant movie and you need to see it if you haven't. It's based on a true story of two half-brothers and honestly, I'm not saying any more because I didn't know anything about their story when I watched it, and I think that helped me get into it.

They say that a movie has twenty minutes to grab you- people who aren't interested in the film after that amount of time will tune it out/ leave/ decide they hate it and look for reasons to hate it the rest of the way through. The opening sequence of this drew me in, and I loved it all the way through.

If you've seen it, let me know what you thought, if not, go see it and come back. Because I can't (or don't) control the comments, there could be spoilers in there, so if you've not seen the film come back later!

5 comments:

Kompot said...

Interesing trailer

Rau said...

I liked the movie, but I don't really consider it to be the best movie of last year.

Choleesa said...

I liked the movie....but I like Mark Wahlberg.

Dreadnaught said...

Mark Wahlberg is a great actor I think. Did really well in this movie. Same for Bale but hes an asshole in real life and it sours the movie whenever I see him in it. But regardless, this movie is a great film.

If you liked it check out the new movie WARRIOR. Excellent story. I guarantee you will like it.

Drowning in a sea of music said...

Mark Wahlberg....I don't know if he can act, he definitly gets type casted. Bale if always amazing. He is the pop version of Daniel Day Lewis.