This is definitely one that your Superbowl Party guests will want the recipe for!
30 mins total 15 mins prep
* 4 whole firm but ripe avocados (peeled pitted and roughly chopped)
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 15 ounces fresh crabmeat
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
* 1 whole red jalapeno chili (finely chopped)
* canola oil for deep frying
* 12 fresh corn tortillas (cut into wedges)
* fresh basil leaves for garnish
* Mash the avocados sour cream 3 tablespoons of lime juice and the chives in a large bowl.
* Season the avocado mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
* Spoon the avocado mixture evenly into the bottom of a clear glass serving bowl forming an even layer and smoothing the top.
* Squeeze the crabmeat gently to exude any excess liquid.
* Mix the crabmeat mayonnaise sliced basil chili pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice in another bowl.
* Season the crab mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
* Spoon the crab mixture over the avocado mixture forming a second even layer and smoothing the top.
* Cover and refrigerate the dip until ready to serve.
* Heat 3 inches of oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
* Working in batches fry the tortilla wedges for about 3 minutes or until they are crisp and golden brown stirring often so that they cook evenly on both sides.
* Using a slotted spoon or mesh strainer transfer the corn chips to paper towels to drain any excess oil.
* While the chips are still hot sprinkle them lightly with salt.
* Garnish the dip with basil leaves and serve with the tortilla chips.