Thursday, February 23, 2012

Leave Jamie Lee Alone, Please

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge fan of women, and of Jamie Lee Curtis in particular. I was at just the right age when the original Halloween came out to fall in love with her, and have followed her career (and her wonderful boobs) with great interest ever since.

The other day, however, I was talking to a young person who works part time at my business, and they were saying that they learned at school that my Jamie Lee is some sort of hermaphrodite. The story is that she has a strange chromosome arrangement, like an XXY or something, and was possibly even born with a penis.

I googled this immediately.

Poor Jamie Lee has been dealing with these rumors all of her life. Whether they are true or not makes no difference to me, as she hasn't publicly dealt with them, we should all be a little more classy and not speculate and make crap up. I am livid that a TEACHER is using her as an example, based on a urban myth. (I know this teacher, it's a small town, she's a dumb toad from Texas).

So, anyhow, that's my tirade for today. It would be tiradier but I'm really hungover.

10 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Loved her and still love her, Trading Places, Halloween and True Lies are some of her best....

crowbloke said...

huge fan here, and yes - that was a sad attempt at urban myth.,

Jéanne said...

OMFG, NO! That teacher needs a blowtorch enema! What the fuck are we teaching our kids?! I guess I was right, most people ARE cunts! Just because a woman isn't your stereotypical, submissive, simpering twat in a skirt, with long hair and a bible in her purse, she must be a tranny, right?! Fuck that shit!

Sorry for my tirade, I'm still drunk! You don't want to see me when I'm hungover! Good post, sir! :)

Leon Kennedy said...

Myth or not, the claim is widespread. She was used as an accessible example during my genetics class at a major University.

dopdavid said...

i have not heard this yet, and it sounds crazy but either way it won't change my view of her, she's still good in many movies

G said...

great actress...and in lots of my fave films.
Harsh rumour

JDC said...

She was in true lies right? Love that. I think Uma Thurman was born a hermaphrodite to actually, might also be a rumor though =)

sonnema said...

thats what you get for being famous

Bart said...

have no clue who this is, so consider the request done.

Lord Phrozen said...

Whether the rumor is true or not shouldn't matter, since we should judge a person based on who they are and not what others think.