Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Lookie what I'm getting... my internets were slowing down, so I went and got myself a new surfboard to ride the tubes a little faster!
Building upon the success of the SB6120, Motorola's SURFboard SB6121 delivers your complete personal media experience, at lightning-fast broadband speed. It harnesses the power of DOCSIS 3.0 technology to bond up to four downstream channels and four upstream channels--providing you advanced multimedia services with data rates of more than 100 Mbps in each direction. That makes gaming, shopping, downloading, working, high-quality voice and video conferencing, and peer-to-peer networking applications far more realistic, faster, and efficient than ever before.
* Up to 160 Mbps downstream, up to 120 Mbps upstream
* Front panel, easy to read operational LEDs to indicate status and simplify troubleshooting
* IPV6 support - latest Internet communication protocol
* Rear panel color coded for ease of installation
Easy to Set Up and Use
- Plug and play installation
- Front panel LEDs indicate status and simplify troubleshooting
- Multi-language user guides
- Supports standard internet software
- User-friendly online diagnostics
- Stylish and space-saving enclosure
- Offers innovative, high-bandwidth data and multimedia services to customers
- Backward-compatible to DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x and 2.0
Advanced Services Ready
- DOCSIS 3.0-certified (EuroDOCSIS 3.0-based)
- Channel bonding of up to 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels
- 1 GHz capable tuners
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities
Versatile and Convenient
- Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers.
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) data port enable flexible, high-speed connectivity with Auto Negotiate and Auto MDIX
Reliable and Secure
- Enhanced security: supports Advanced Encryption Services (AES) traffic encryption
- Remotely configurable and monitorable using SNMP and TFTP
Currently, cable providers max out at around 50 Mbps of downstream data throughput, but DOCSIS 3.0 will enable cable Internet providers to continue to improve the speed of their networks.