Thursday, February 9, 2012

Playing My Old School Vinyl



Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt Driven Turntable

Play your favorite 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records on the Audio Technica AT-PL60--an affordable, fully automatic belt-drive workhorse. With its built-in switchable phono preamp, the AT-LP60 may be connected directly to your computer, home stereo and to other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The turntable is supplied with an integral Audio-Technica Dual Magnet phono cartridge with replaceable stylus.

* Switchable built-in pre-amplifier with line-level RCA output cables
* Fully automatic operation
* 2 speeds - 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
* Professional aluminum platter
* Switchable pre-amp
* Integral Dual Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
* 2 speed turntable 33 1/3 and 45 RPM

You really can't get a better turntable for this price. It wasn't broken or cracked when it arrived, it was easy to assemble, and it sounds great. For under 100 bucks that is more than I expected. The other cool thing about this turntable that is not in the description is that it's easily upgradeable. The turntable comes with a ATN3600L stylus. You can replace that stylus with the ATN3600DLX stylus for even better sound quality and performance. You can also get a better belt for it too but I haven't looked into that yet. It's not going to get any better than this until you hit about the $300 range.

7 comments:

crowbloke said...

not bad. not bad at all,, i like the built in pre-amp idea. the line levels can be too low on these things sometimes.

The Angry Lurker said...

I like vinyl especially the art work, old school for someone who is really old......

dopdavid said...

i have been interested in something like this for a while, and right now i have one that has speakers all built in

Baur said...

Those things are awesome they have great audio quality too!

RCB said...

I used to be a DJ who earned quite a buck and when CD's were introduced, I behaved as predictable as most DJ's... I hated them because you couldn't touch them while they were playing like you could a big black disk. Years later, when I'd given up the DJ gigs and I'd basically from the scene, I gave CD's another chance and they grew on me for one reason only: the sounds was perfect, provided you were listening to a CD that was not a ripped vinyl recording. Then yesterday I visited my brother and he had this computer program that shows you two vitual turntables. The thing did it all by itself: determine the BPM and doing the sync. The beats would never drift apart. I said, 'Well, that's a fun killer. What if you use older disco tracks with real drummers?' He tried it, but it didn't work. The computer got confused. Real drummers are faily unpredictable. So good luck with your turntable and who knows, one day you may want to consider buying a Technics SL1200, the one and only. Well, make that two. :)

RCB said...

P.S. Make that 'I'd basically retired'... and have a nice day!

RCB said...

P.S. ....and 'fairly' Sorry. It's Sunday and still early where I'm living :)