Sunday, June 3, 2012
To Kill a Mockingbird
To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition
#34 (1998) and #25 (2007) on the AFI Top 100 List
To Kill a Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film adaptation of Harper Lee's novel of the same name directed by Robert Mulligan. It stars Mary Badham in the role of Scout and Gregory Peck in the role of Atticus Finch.
In 1995, the film was listed in the National Film Registry. It also ranks twenty-fifth on the American Film Institute's 10th anniversary list of the greatest American movies of all time. In 2003, AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century.
To Kill a Mockingbird marks the film debuts of Robert Duvall, William Windom, and Alice Ghostley.
* Mary Badham as Jean Louise "Scout" Finch
* Phillip Alford as Jem Finch
* Robert Duvall as Boo Radley
* John Megna as Dill Harris
* Alice Ghostley as Stephanie Crawford
* Brock Peters as Tom Robinson
* Frank Overton as Sheriff Heck Tate
* Rosemary Murphy as Maudie Atkinson
* Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch
* Ruth White as Mrs. Dubose
* Estelle Evans as Calpurnia
* Richard Hale as Nathan Radley
* James K Anderson as Bob Ewell
* Collin Wilcox as Mayella Ewell
* William Windom as Mr. Gilmer, District Attorney
* Paul Fix as Judge Taylor
* David Crawford as David Robinson
* Dan White as Mob leader (uncredited)
* Crahan Denton as Walter Cunningham, Sr.
* Steve Condit as Walter Cunningham, Jr. (uncredited)
* Kim Hamilton as Helen Robinson (uncredited)
* Kim Stanley as Jean Louise Finch as an adult (narrator — uncredited)